The best prop for a family photographer? Relaxed parents! ~ {Miami Family Photographer} ~

There is no prop more useful in family photography than relaxed parents. And this family certainly has that going for it! This mom contacted me, and after we’d emailed each other back a forth a few times, I could tell she was an easy-going, laid back sort of person. This told me that shooting her family would be a smooth process. And that says a lot because her son is newly two – not exactly an age where a child loves to take direction! (I know you parents of two year olds out there are nodding enthusiastically in agreement!) But it turned out that this adorable little two year old was easy-peasy to shoot, and I really do think that it is because his parents had the perfect attitude going into the session. There was no scolding. No “why can’t you just stand right here?!” No “hurry up and smile, already!” Just a family hanging out at the park and letting their son do his thing. What a gift to me as their photographer that they knew what to do (and what not to do!) to get the images they wanted! Namely, to just ride the wave and let the child’s wonderful spirit shine. And shine, it did…Take a look!

How beautiful is this boy?

Look at those sparkling blue eyes!

The lovely family all together. (Yes, readers, this woman has a two year old. Want instant inspiration to get fit? Bookmark this page and refer to it often!)

Mom and son share a few moments together.

If there is one thing that I know a two-year old child loves, it’s having dad toss him high in the air!

A little wardrobe change – doesn’t he look adorable in this tie? Love!

W Family, I enjoyed every minute of working with you! I hope you enjoy these images for years and years.

Gail - January 3, 2012 - 3:29 pm

So much fun and what a little cutie!

Kara Layfield - January 3, 2012 - 3:37 pm

Love those big blue eyes!! Looks like you all had such a fun session! Beautiful work Dee! Yes…Mom looks amazing. I totally love her outfit!

Kathleen Weibel - January 6, 2012 - 2:48 pm

Oh my goodness – this is such a cute session. I love the vibrant colors and all the interactions. Beautiful family.

Amber - January 6, 2012 - 7:19 pm

I don’t think I could pick a favorite, but I have to say I’m a total sucker for a mama/kiddo shot! These are stunning!!

Jen Gasper - January 7, 2012 - 8:07 pm

Love how you captured mom and son together. These are truly images that mom will love forever. Look at how he adores her!!!! Beautiful!

Sylvia Borgo - January 11, 2012 - 4:25 pm

*Squeeee* BEAU-TI-FUL family! Wow!!! These are all wonderful, but I love the mommy and son image. What a treasure to capture thier love.

jamie siever - January 13, 2012 - 10:02 am

Love these! Those mommy and son images make me want to fly to Florida to hire you right now!

CJ Wilkes - January 17, 2012 - 1:41 am

The images are beautiful! Such a fun family :) Love the pics with mom and son – just those moments you want to hold on to forever!

Shelby - January 18, 2012 - 3:28 am

What a perfect session with this beautiful family! I can imagine the sweetness that mom was whispering to her little guy in their shots. Gorgeous work!

[…] my clients grow is one of the best parts of my job. So when this family grew from three to four, I was thrilled to see them again, and honored that they asked me to […]

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

There was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.

F a c e b o o k