What sound does a purple cat make? {Miami Family Photographer}

It’s been a while since I’ve checked-in on the blog. It’s not for lack of sessions – I’m loving how busy I’ve been! I have a very good reason for being M.I.A. But we’ll get into that in another post coming soon…promise!

For now, let’s discuss the issue of this purple cat, shall we? If  you don’t know what sound a purple cat makes, then you are truly missing out. At one point in this shoot, I handed mom a copy of her daughter’s favorite book – “Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?” When we came to the part with that purple cat – well, let’s just say dad knocked it out of the park with the sound effects. His cat impression is  one of the main reasons why his little girl is so adorably giggly in these shots.  (If anyone out there knows dad – a friend, perhaps a co-worker – stop him the next time you see him and ask to hear that purple cat sound. You’ll laugh, too!)

But it wasn’t just dad who made the shoot. I knew we’d have a successful session judging by mom’s emails to me.  She had a great sense of humor and, as I read her messages, I thought:  “I bet this woman smiles and laughs a lot.” I was right! She has a fantastic personality and, like her husband, was so patient with her daughter – never getting flustered at her 2-year old antics, never feeling anxious as we went along. I really couldn’t ask for better clients than these wonderful people. I hope that the love and connection between them shows through in these images, because it was definitely there that day.

First, a solo shot of their little girl – those big, brown eyes sparkled just like this all day!

Remember the “Brown Bear” book I mentioned above? I handed it to mom and she began reading.  But, look at the second image – dad was cracking them up from the sidelines! So I asked him to join us.

And that’s when he really served up the “purple cat” meow!

Maybe it’s because I have daughters, too, but shots of daddies and their girls just melt me every time. They are always among my session favorites.

Jen Gasper - April 29, 2011 - 12:10 pm

What truly beautiful expressions! How lucky is this family to have these as memories. I can feel the happiness radiate and hear the laughter. I think you hit it out of the ball park, my friend.

Kara Layfield - April 29, 2011 - 1:38 pm

Such a beautiful session! I agree with Jen…you hit this out of the park! The last storyboard melts my heart! Beautiful Dee…just beautiful!

Kel Ward - April 29, 2011 - 1:58 pm

Gorgeous, as always!!

natalie - April 29, 2011 - 2:20 pm

perfect in every way!!!! the ones of them laughing are GREAT!!!

Sylvia Borgo - April 29, 2011 - 3:21 pm

Yeah! A fabuolous post! What a gogeous family. I love their smiles, their style, and their love of books!

Elaine - April 29, 2011 - 3:41 pm

Dee! I was cracking up while reading the blog!!! It’s amazing! You described the experience exactly as it was! I guess than besides being a good photographer you could be a writer! We loved your photos! Even my in-laws were amazed when saw them on the wall… We also had a super great time with you! I remember that at the end of the day I wrote in my facebook status that I had one of the best days ever! Super great experience, everything that I hoped and more!

Dee - April 29, 2011 - 4:02 pm

Oh, Elaine! How thoughtful of you to comment here – I truly appreciate those kind words and am happy to hear that you had just as much fun at our session! Your family’s shoot was a real treat for me and I could have written praises about you guys all day. Please say “hello” to your little one for me – I will never forget how sweet she was when she got teary as I left your home the evening of your viewing session. <3 Stuff like that reminds me that I have the best job in the entire world!

Jamie Siever - April 30, 2011 - 12:52 pm

What a gorgeous session, Dee! You got some beautiful shots, great interaction and a stunning location to boot. Fabulous job!

Kate Craft - April 30, 2011 - 5:18 pm

What a fun and beautiful session!

Danielle McCarty - April 30, 2011 - 5:36 pm

Beautiful session Dee! Love your work, you’ve captured amazing connections!

Liz - May 1, 2011 - 6:13 am

Dee-This is such a beautiful session…the love is pouring out of this beautiful family! Well done!! Love your work!

Laura Morita-Yeun - May 2, 2011 - 4:23 am

what can I say? You’ve done it again. What a beautiful family!

Danielle Frank - May 2, 2011 - 1:12 pm

Gorgeous as always, Dee! Beautiful colors and I love the interaction – the family must be thrilled!

desi - May 3, 2011 - 9:11 am

gorgeous family! and fabulous pics

Julie Wagoner - May 3, 2011 - 3:08 pm

Oh how I love the happiness and natural expressions in these! Truly wonderful work, Dee!

Shelby - May 4, 2011 - 1:21 am

What a beautiful family and amazing ! I love the interaction you captured here. Loved reading the story that went with those great smiles.

Anelle - May 4, 2011 - 3:58 pm

I desperately want to know what sound a purple cat makes! :) These are wonderful! I absolutely love the interaction and the natural connection!

ashley - May 4, 2011 - 4:20 pm

Oh so gorgeous! I love these images. The family much be thrilled to have these peices of art to remember this time. Love:)

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

There was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.

F a c e b o o k