What do you get the man who has everything? ~{Miami Family Photographer}~

What do you get the man who has everything? Why, images from a portrait session photographed by yours truly, of course!

When the fabulous and talented Nathalie of Luxe Fete Event Planning & Design contacted me to say she wanted to pull-off a covert operation in honor of her husband’s birthday, I was all.over.it. It took a lot, and I mean A LOT, of double-reverse-switcheroo-edness to keep the whole photo session a secret; but we did it! In the end, Nathalie chose a jaw-dropping wall of photo canvases for her husband. (Don’t know what photo canvases are? Well, stay tuned for a future blog post and I’ll tell you all about them.)  The canvas prints rendered her husband almost speechless and with barely a dry eye. Now that’s a great day at the office – I love my job!

Before I post one single pixel, let me just put this out there – I did not Photoshop Nathalie into a gorgeous glamazon. She’s just naturally made that way. I know. You’re right. It’s not fair. But let’s all try to pick up the pieces and move on, shall we? But seriously, we all know that looks only mean so much –  so I assure you that Nathalie is as kind as she is beautiful.  She’s also a patient, adoring mama – and I think the images from her session tell the story of just how much she loves her little girls, don’t you?

Can’t you practically feel the joy oozing off your screen? Not mention the fact that kids don’t come much cuter than this.

How hilarious is this image – taken only a second before the one above. Please look at that child’s wonderful head of hair bouncing about as she runs to hug her mama. Love!

It was so much fun to shoot these three while they played and laughed together. I didn’t want to end the session!

I love when my clients let go in front of the camera – and I was grateful that Nathalie trusted me when I asked her to “just play” with her daughter while I photographed them. The end result was pure magic.

In my last blog post, I promised that the following entry would feature two, crazy-cute children and a gorgeous mom. Did I deliver, or did I deliver?  Go ahead and click the “Add a Comment” button and tell me if you agree!

Until next time!

-d

PS – here’s a little teaser for the next blog entry: What do Optimus Prime and a basket of apples have in common? Stay tuned to find out…

Kara Layfield - December 13, 2010 - 10:03 am

Wow…that’s one hot Momma and two seriously cute little girls!! Love this blog post…you make me want to read more and have me waiting on bated breath for your next post.

Shelby - December 13, 2010 - 10:15 am

Yes, you delivered! They are BEAUTIFUL! and gorgeous gorgeous photos!

Tarah - December 13, 2010 - 10:26 am

You delivered! Hands down!!! Amazing photos D

Nathalie Cadet-James - December 13, 2010 - 10:36 am

Every time I see these pictures, I get happy all over again. They are so wonderful. You captured the spirit of our girls and my love for them so perfectly. We need to schedule a family shot with “Papa” ASAP. So excited about this blog!!!! Thanks Dee!!

Leiba - December 13, 2010 - 1:05 pm

Wow, Dee, these are STUNNING!!! You weren’t joking about the gorgeous mama and kids! Absolutely beautiful!!! And I love the colors of their outfits. So fresh and pretty!

Jen Reif - December 13, 2010 - 3:24 pm

You definitely delivered on your promise of a gorgeous mama and two wonderfully cute kiddos! What an awesome session! Fabulous work, D!

Michelle Geis - December 13, 2010 - 7:03 pm

Gorgeous! Lovely, lovely family.

Fabiana Beatriz - December 14, 2010 - 9:49 am

I would have to agree….he has it all. Just look at his beautiful family. I bet you were giggling the whole time, thinking how you all were going to surprise him like this. Stunning photography, Dee!!!

Nicole Z - December 14, 2010 - 11:02 am

One of my favorite sessions of yours!! Could this family be any more beautiful! Love your location and your amazing colors!!! Fantastic job, you are so talented my friend!!!

desi - December 15, 2010 - 1:22 am

wOw Deirdre! great photos of a great looking family!
he’s going to love his gift.

Julie Wagoner - December 15, 2010 - 11:45 am

Woweee! One of the most beautiful families I have ever seen and I just love the carefree connection you captured. Such excellent work!!

Kristin - December 16, 2010 - 2:33 pm

Your color rocks my world Deirdre! You have such a talented eye for capturing personalities and genuine moments. Beautiful, stunning work!

Liz - December 17, 2010 - 9:00 pm

Wowza! What a gorgeous woman! You really rocked this session D!

Laura Morita-Yeun - December 19, 2010 - 11:07 am

So, I am in awe of your work. These are totally beautiful and you’re not kidding that she is GORGEOUS and so are her kids. Like, kind of the, “it’s not fair that people like that exist” sort of beauty. Lovely session. Crazy lovely session. And I love your little teases. Looking forward to the next blog post from the fabulously talented Dee Dunham.

Taryn Chrapkowski - December 19, 2010 - 6:12 pm

Gorgeous use of colors! You captured this family perfectly!

Sylvia Borgo - December 19, 2010 - 10:41 pm

I’m picking my jaw off the floor, D. First of all, I adore your work, the look of your images is like delicious candy. Secondly, this family is so incredibly beautiful – not only on the inside, but quite obviously on the outside. And lastly, the love they share, the joy – it is pure magic.

Dezarae - December 19, 2010 - 11:29 pm

These are amazing! Your clarity, tones, emotion.. everything has definitely fallen into place with these! I LOVE THIS SESSION!

Whitley Pollet - December 20, 2010 - 12:58 am

Everything about the session is gorgeous… the girls, the mom, and the photography! Beautiful job Dee. :) I’m so glad you have a blog now!!!

Kelly Mack - December 20, 2010 - 5:18 am

Oh Dee these are just amazing! Your clarity and colours are just awesome. What a stunning family!

Jen Gasper - December 20, 2010 - 11:38 am

Love, love, love these! The interaction and emotion in them is sweet perfection! And lordy, I just want to eat those sweet little girls up – their hair, their perfect baby skin, the bright sparkling eyes… Wonderful session.

Rachel Aberle - December 20, 2010 - 2:27 pm

Wow, she is gorgeous and so are those children. I wish I had her legs!!!

Kel Ward - December 20, 2010 - 3:38 pm

Oh wow, so beautiful! These three ladies are STUNNING! Great images. I love the emotion you’ve captured here!

JoNell - December 20, 2010 - 6:36 pm

Deliver you DID!!! What a gorgeous fun session!!!

Bonnie - December 21, 2010 - 12:07 pm

Wow…this just oozes with emotion! You are truly gifted!

Audrey - December 22, 2010 - 11:26 am

What an adorable family, I love these!

Kim - December 23, 2010 - 8:45 pm

These shots are truly lovely. I’m convinced that your talent knows no bounds, little sis!

Anelle - December 30, 2010 - 2:37 pm

That is a gorgeous mama and her girls! These are incredible!

beth - January 1, 2011 - 9:27 am

Dee! Stunning… Too bad I’m not down in FL where I could hire you… You captured some major love there!

Nathalie Cadet-James - January 14, 2011 - 11:47 pm

So many kind words about me and my girls in your comment section. Thanks everyone. An amazing photographer makes you look good:) Dee Dunham.

[…] the beautiful Nathalie Cadet James from my blog entry almost one year ago to the day titled “What do you get the man who has everything?” That previous shoot did not include Nathalie’s husband because it was a surprise photo […]

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

There was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.

F a c e b o o k